Registration Policies and Procedures
Registration Policies and Procedures
Harambee Summer Camp is for families parenting children of African heritage. Cultural activities and networking are the highlights of the camp. Educational and counseling opportunities are incorporated into the schedule along with daily cultural and family events.
We hope to be able to accommodate most of the applicants each year without having to rely on a waiting list. However, don’t wait to apply. First come, first served for on-site accommodations.
If you are planning on attending the camp as a day participant you must register as well.
The start of registration for camp site and day campers is announced on the Harambee Summer Festival Facebook page and the Harambee Cultural Society website
Please follow us on our Facebook Page, HarambeeSummerFestival.
Instructions for Booking Accommodation and Registering for Harambee 2018.
It’s about to be that time! Registration will open on Saturday February 3 at 10am PST and close on March 11th.
Steps 1 and 2 can be done at any time in advance of registration being open.
- The online reservation system presents accommodation options by type. We recommend that you review the email sent previously on January 23rd or the Harambee Facebook page for full details.
- Login to the Harambee website by choosing the person silhouette icon on the right side of the banner. If you have forgotten your password, follow the “Forgot Password” link. If you do not have a password choose “Register an Account” to create a new account. Adding your address and payment information ahead of time will insure that you can move through checkout and purchase later by simply retyping in your user name and password.
Steps 3-5 can only be completed when registration opens on February 18th at 10am PST sharp
- Go to the Harambee website (www.harambee.ca), Under the EVENTS tab, choose PAY ONLINE from the drop down menu. Select the “2017 Harambee Summer Festival Accommodation at Sorrento Centre” link.
- Choose your preferred accommodation by selecting one of the types from the “Categories” menu on the left side.
Select your accommodation by clicking on the VIEW button under your choice. If the choice is available it will note “Availability: In Stock” and “Add to Cart”. If the choice is unavailable, it will note only “Availability: Out of Stock”. You can only purchase choices that are in stock. Choose “Add to Cart”. A summary screen will appear showing your accommodation choice and the festival registration fee ($300). Choose “Proceed to Checkout”.
NOTE: At any point in the process, when selecting “add to cart” or “proceed to Checkout”, if your selected accommodation has just been purchased by another family, you will receive an error message saying “this accommodation is no longer available, please select another”.
- If you have logged into the system in Step 2, you will be able to fill in your your user name and password and the billing information will automatically filland your make your purchase. If you have not logged into the system, you will need to do so now. Fill in the payment details and choose “Place Order”. An “Order Summary” page will appear listing the details of your purchase. You will also receive an email notification of your purchase.
NOTE: as soon as you choose “Place Order” your accommodation selection is reserved. If you cannot place your order, your selection has been purchased by another family and you must return to the selection page and choose another option.
Steps 6-9 will occur after you have completed your registration.
- You must complete the Harambee Summer Festival survey. This survey provides the program committee and other volunteer groups essential information that is used for planning activities at this year’s camp.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and accommodation selection. Note: there will be a link in this email for you to complete the survey.
- If you are interested in the Sorrento Centre meal plan or require a cot you may contact Sorrento Centre after April 1.
- If your vacations plans are such that you wish to arrive before Sunday July 2 or stay past Sunday July 9 you will need to contact Sorrento Centre directly for additional dates outside of Harambee Summer Festival. Please contact Sorrento Centre after April 1.
Questions and Inquiries, please contact
Rena Konomis for registration:
Rockne Egnatios for payment:email@example.com
Andrew Martindale for general website firstname.lastname@example.org
Full fees for registration are refundable up to 7 days prior to the beginning day of the summer festival, less any deposit fees collected.
Refunds will only be sent through the payment type originally used to fulfill the order.
Refunds sought after 7 days prior to the beginning day of the summer festival will be forfeited
Money forfeited from deposits will be held for future Bursary awards.
Link: Bursary Policy Information